Taking on the heart of advocacy for the crushed and oppressed can be overwhelming, even in prayer.
It is easy to feel like the problem is just too big! I get it. Sometimes I wonder how my prayers could possibly make a difference. But I think that if Jesus can feed the crowd of 5000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish, our prayers can attack, with power and might even this problem.
So, here are some practical ways you can be praying for the cause of Human Trafficking.
- Pray for God to protect the rescuers.
- Pray for God to save those being rescued.
- Pray for the men who traffic the girls to repent and receive Jesus.
- Pray for the gospel witness in the darkest places where human trafficking exists.
- Pray for God to burden our hearts to go help victims of human trafficking when it is possible.
- Pray for God to give tender hearts to our state leaders for the victims of sexual exploitation and human trafficking.
- Pray for the women in our state who are vulnerable to sexual exploitation to find safe and legal employment.
- Pray for God to raise up volunteers
- Pray for city wide prayer movements in every city in the United States for victims of human trafficking.
- Pray for God to dismantle trafficking rings.
- Pray for madams and housemothers who run massage parlors. Pray their hearts would be broken and they would turn to Jesus.
- Pray for God to bring awareness to poverty stricken countries of tricks used to lure women into human trafficking.
- Pray for the families of the victims of trafficking, and pray for the rescue of the victims
- Pray for our churches to get involved in the issue of human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- Pray for the children who are being used from modern day slavery
- Pray for awareness around the world of the issues of human trafficking.
- Pray for God to give the rescued victims healing and restoration.
- Pray for the victims of human trafficking and sexual exploitation to not lose the will to live.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened (Matthew 7:7)